Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Statement and Reel

When footage of the moon landing began to reach America, poet Brian Turner's dad said, "Someday they'll send a poet and we'll find out what it's really like..." I think that's very true but not just for poetry. I think it's true for all art. I want to convey drama and tension using lights and camera movements to impart on the audience what the scene is really like. Shadows are as important to me as light and sometimes more important. What is unseen can be as powerful as what is seen and I want to use that to make compelling images. Also, I believe that no matter how outlandish the fiction, the emotions must be true, so I seek to tell every story as truthfully as possible.

Christian Coleman DP Reel from RF Teller on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment